Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tribute to My Parents



In just a few days my parents will be returning, with honor, from a mission they served for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
Let me tell you something about my parents. They are not perfect, but they taught me about the only perfect person, Jesus Christ. They are not rich, but I have been richly blessed throughout my life by their love and wisdom. They are wonderful examples. They've had ups and downs like most people, but through life's trials they have overcome and have been blessed. 

My parents, after sending several of their children on their own missions, have finally had the chance to serve. I remember my father saying that this was a dream to fulfill a full-time mission. There are a lot of RMs in this family. In the two years that they have been gone to the San Francisco - Oakland California Mission  a lot has happened for them and to us, their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Much is positive - some difficult. But that is life. We truly have been blessed. I can't wait to see them again and welcome them home as they did us when we returned from our missions. I am truly proud of my parents and the sacrifice of love that they made to serve the Lord. 

Question is now what will they do when they return? Lots of possibilities. 

Welcome Home, Mom and Dad, Welcome Home!

No comments: